Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hitting The Road

Brit Behind the Wheel


I have had so much stress in the past two days I'm surprised I don't have high blood pressure. (I am getting stress headaches though) So, if you see someone driving down the road that looks very similar to the picture above.....it's probably me! As you know, Zach is deployed right now and he is supposed to be coming home early this coming week. Well, the date has changed a couple times and is currently just up in the air. In other words, I have no idea when he is coming back. There is still a chance he could come home at the originally scheduled date, so let's hope for that!

The reason why he might have to stay is because they might have to help with any damage from Hurricane Irene. (I'm really starting to hate that name) But, I really hope it's not as bad as everyone is thinking for this situations sake and for everyone who is living in the path of the hurricane. I'm am just thanking God that we aren't still living on the eastern shore of Virginia. That would've been bad!

I have gone back and forth about whether I want to stay at my parents house longer or just go back as planned. I have decided I am just going to stick to my schedule and will be headed back home soon.  I would hate for Zach to come home on time and I'm not there. Also, I have several things planned back home that need to get done this week. I'm not a HUGE fan of this, but I'm going to put on my big girl boots and deal with it anyway!

My sister, her husband, and Lil Man!


Besides all of the chaos going on, it has been a really fun week. My sister and her family came into town Wednesday and we went to a get-together with my parents church that night. Thursday, we looked around Athens. (and of course we stopped by Charlotte Russe, my FAV store!) We went to look downtown and I took my sister's family pictures for this year, inlcluding the one above, on Friday. We went to the high school football game that night and had a blast! Literally. The JROTC my dad teaches had a cannon they fired when the team ran onto the field and at each of our touchdowns. Now, when I say cannon you are probably thinking of one that is a pretty descent size. This isn't the case for their cannon. It was maybe a foot long and from the stands it looked like a tiny dot. :) All jokes aside (besides the actual measurement of the cannon, that's pretty accurate) it was a cool addition to the game! 

One hilarious thing that happened this week, my family has gotten pretty much obsessed with the "Denim" target commercial (if you are curious it's THIS one). We think it's absolutely hilarious. We could probably even recite the whole thing if you asked us. (You have to watch the REMIX, too) :)

I really hope I can recooperate from all the craziness and get back into a routine. I really don't know how the military wives who have to deal with deployments that last for 6 months or more on a regular basis do it. Props to you!

Oh and............DENIM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment